This was a pretty simple process. I marinated my steak for a few hours using a concoction of Great Value and other items from #walmartgrocery, cooked it in a #pioneerwoman cast iron skillet for 4 minutes on each side, took it out to sit for 5 minutes before cutting. I then put #bokchoy in the same skillet and cooked for a few minutes on each side before adding the leftover marinade. The basmati rice cooked in the microwave. It was so yummy! The family wholeheartedly approved!!!
1 8 oz sirloin steak
1 tbsp low-sodium Great Value soy sauce
2 tsp Great Value minced ginger
2 tsp Great Value sweet chili sauce (found in the Oriental section)
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp Great Value honey
2 heads of baby bok choy or 1 head of regular bok choy
8 oz of microwavable Basmatic rice (brown is healthier)
1. Marinate steak in a large zip-top bag in the soy sauce, ginger, sweet chili sauce, vinegar, and honey for at least 30 minutes (overnight would be awesome)
2. Put rice in microwave following directions on package (takes about 15 minutes to cook)
3. Cook steak in hot olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet for 3 to 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove to cutting board and let it stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Add bok choy to drippings in skillet. Saute 2-3 minutes each side. Add leftover marinade and cook an additional 2 minutes.
5. Slice your steak and serve over rice.
I got a larger steak so I doubled this recipe.